Monday, December 13, 2010

♥ what was happening in 1983....

for my birthday, my dear cousin jaimee sent me a fabulous list
of what was happening in 1983, so i thought i would share all
of the facts that the queen of googling came up with!
enjoy!


* fred was still the baker at dunkin' donuts. (watch)
* christian bale was in his first commercial.. a hottie even then! (watch)
* there was red rain in the UK (because of the sand in the sahara deserts)
* the final episode of M*A*S*H aired and broke the record for most viewed.
* in manchester, maine school girl samantha smith is invited to visit the soviet union by it's leader, yuri andropov after he read her letter in which she expressed fears about
* vanessa williams is crowned miss america, the first african american to win. (read)
* martin luther king day was signed as a recognized federal holiday. (read)
* kellog's introduces crispix and mcdonald's introduces the mcnugget.
* william golding (author of lord of the flies) wins the nobel prize for literature.



4 ♥ love notes.:

  1. I'm very proud that we share our birth year with crispix. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great facts ! how proud are you to be born the same year than the McNuggets ? I would be pretty proud (just saying) :) happy bday ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you had a fabulous bday! My first glimpse of Bale was in Newsies...YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What crazy-town facts! I love it. Happy belated birthday, darling!

    ReplyDelete

♥ tell me how you really feel!