Friday, December 10, 2010

♥ fashion friday: vintage dooney & bourke.


one of my favorite gifts i have ever received from my future mother in law
is actually an old dooney & bourke bag that once belonged to her mother.
(it even has her name written on the inside flap!) last year, i found it
while going through a pile of items that she was pricing for a yard sale and
asked if i could keep it.

proving the old adage, "one person's trash is another person's treasure,"
this cross-body, classic-style dooney is a perfect addition to my vintage-filled
closet and definitely a family heirloom that i will always treasure.

i have noticed that a number of fashion bloggers out there have also
managed to score some of their own old-school dooney & bourke bags
and i must say they all wear them very well!



and just in case you can't get your hands on a real vintage piece, check out these classic-style dooney bags which are available on the website right now!

(spotted on calivintage.)

12 ♥ love notes.:

  1. such a great find! i was sneaking in my mom's closet not too long ago looking for her old d&b and i couldn't find it. i pray she didn't give it away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. loooove vintage long strap bags, great gift!!! too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. loooove vintage long strap bags, great gift!!! too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an awesome gift and so many ways to wear it!
    x.o.x.o

    ReplyDelete
  5. great post!!love all of them!!xx

    www.zscloset.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. yum! love the classic colors of these bags!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an amazing photo of you, Sami! Funny - I never thought I liked Dooney & Bourke, but I guess that's because I always see their fabric bags with the logos all over. Those simple leather bags are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. am drooling at the bags above! i'm going through a phase of tan bags, belts and shoes. =)

    www.prettylilbirdie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh yes beautiful bag!!! a treasure indeed, and those images you showed are amazing too. Great, now I want a vintage bag :(






    http://stylingdutchman.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oo my mom has an old one, I may have to raid her closet! Love the classic-style ones at the end ;)

    xx Cristina

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh love yours and love all these ones you featured from the website. I know what you are obsessed with!!! ha ha...and Happy Birthday. Hope you had a lovely weekend. naina

    ReplyDelete

♥ tell me how you really feel!