Monday, December 20, 2010

♥ come sit at my table and share with me, warm gingerbread cookies and cinnamon tea.

on this cozy evening, i decided to try my hand at ginger chewies
from my favorite book, big fat cookies. i have always entertained grand
ideas of baking gingerbread men only to devour them or making my own
gingerbread house, but for now i will just start small with some simple cookies
that go splendidly with a cup of tea or hot cocoa.

here is the recipe:

ingredients
2 1/4 cups of all purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp cloves
1 1/2 sticks of butter
1 cup of light brown sugar
1 large egg
1/4 cup of molasses
about 1/4 cup of granulated sugar

directions:

1) preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) sift flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger & cloves into medium bowl
3) in a large bowl, using an electric mixer, blend butter and brown sugar until smooth
4) add the egg & molasses and mix until it is an even light brown color
5) on low speed, add the flour mix until incorporated
6) roll the dough into balls and dip in a small bowl full of granulated sugar
7) bake cookies one sheet at a time for about 14 minutes
8) let cool for about 5 minutes and then transfer to wire rack to cool longer

9) enjoy!
10) settle down for a long winter's nap.

4 ♥ love notes.:

  1. I love cookies :)
    visit me...
    xx

    lesimple.sk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just had a gingerbread cookie last night - for the first time in quite some time. Very yummy.

    By the way, your cat is adorable ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love gingerbread cookies - I will definitely try this recipe.

    P.S. Stop by my blog if you have a chance - I am hosting an amazing Emersonmade giveaway!
    http://stylesncream.blogspot.com/2010/12/my-first-giveaway-with-amazing.html

    ReplyDelete

♥ tell me how you really feel!