Friday, October 15, 2010

♥ wash & wear.




the one thing my apartment lacks is a washer & dryer, which means that each week i have to burden my poor mother with our laundry. if only i lived in a colorful home in italy, where i could hang my clothes on a line to dry and it would look like an everyday masterpiece.

(photography via eye poetry)

10 ♥ love notes.:

  1. I love this! Back at home I took my washer and dryer for granted but when I moved out here (Argentina) I realized that dryers aren't a big deal and people rather hang their clothing out to dry, I actually embraced it, though I eventually purchased a dryer, it's really soothing to go out on a warm morning and do this.

    www.rachaeldiab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, loving these pictures! there is something so authentic in seeing washing hanging in streets. :)SArahD

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are pretty, that's how it's really done in italy! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty pics sami. have a great weekend and look forward to seeing you Tuesday!naina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these and having lived in Italy, i can tell you that is exactly what they do:-). I am also Jamaican and that's what we do too so i fitted right in when i was living in Italy(that was a mouthful). Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heh, you are so right :)
    Though at the country I live, they do it too, but it doesn't look that nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw I love these photos! When I was studying abroad in Rome I always loved the laundry outside people's windows..in a place that's so historic and magical it reminded me that it was real!

    -Samantha
    http://sincerelysamantha.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those pictures are so great! Whenever I see clothes on a line I smile--wish more people would consider line drying!

    xx
    MILK TEETHS

    ReplyDelete
  9. The third picture looks like my laundry this morning! Great photos!


    d e g a i n e

    http://www.fashiondegaine.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is something so lovely about a laundry line. I imagine the clothes smell nicer afterwards, too. Breezy or something!

    ReplyDelete

♥ tell me how you really feel!