Thursday, January 6, 2011

♥ the books i read in 2010.



Her Fearful SymmetryTo the WeddingJitterbug PerfumeWise ChildrenIn the Skin of a Lion
A Death in the FamilyThe Good Earth (Contemporary ClassicsThe LoverPastoraliaNever Let Me Go
The Razor's EdgeTheir Eyes Were Watching GodThe Loved OneA Room of One's OwnThe Year of Magical Thinking
I Was Told There'd Be CakeGileadMy Mother's House and SidoWest with the NightLife of PiMy Antonia


images via goodreads.

8 ♥ love notes.:

  1. fun! you already know how much i love most of these books, so i'm just going to mention the ones i haven't told you already:

    i really liked "her fearful symmetry," but not even close to how much i LOVED "the time-traveler's wife" which is my absolute favorite.

    how did you like "wise children"? i've read 3 others by angela carter and i'm really liking her so far!

    maybe i should do my own blog post like this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lucky to be able to read so much... I'm lucky if I can do one a month :/

    Which one was your favorite?

    -miz

    ReplyDelete
  3. andrea- the time traveler's wife is my all time favorite. it changed everything i thought about reading. her fearful symmetry was good and intriguing but in a different way! i thought wise children was pretty good and zaney, and it made me appreciate it more when i found out that carter wrote that book right before she died :(

    miz- i loved them all! the trick is to read books that are 150-200 pages and then it will seem like more. i absolutely loved the good earth,life of pi, jitterbug perfume, and the year of magical thinking the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! I'll be adding some of these to my current reading list- thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think we need to start a fashion blogger book club! we have such similar taste. i'm so glad to see that you read angela carter. she is one of my absolute favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Good Earth is my favorite! I really need to read that again. It's been at least 15 years.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loooved Never Let Me Go. I read it blind a few years ago. I found it while waiting for a train connection in in France. I knew nothing about it, but just read anyway. I haven't seen the movie yet and may not. We'll see. I'll pick up Her Fearful Symmetry yet. Thanks for the suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ah, i just love reading. you read some good ones last year!

    ReplyDelete

♥ tell me how you really feel!