Thursday, November 25, 2010

♥ rest & be thankful.

happy thanksgiving :)

there is so much to be thankful for this year.
here are a few highlights.

i am thankful that i got to share one of the happiest days
of my life with my sister.

...for the breathtaking sunsets i got to see,
and someone to share them with.

...for my beautiful mother who i hope to one day be just like,
and on whose arm my name is permanently tattooed.

...for the very best friends a girl could ask ever for.

...for the chance to see the red sox and tom petty
so much closer than i ever dreamed i would.

..for the most steadfast & loyal of pets, charleston chu,
who was with us for fourteen years and is sorely missed.

..for my amazing family full of the kindest individuals i have ever met.

..for the chance to write this blog everyday.

...and the new friends that i have made because of it.

for my kitty daughter, talula, who let's me hold her like a baby
even though she hates it. (note the claws in my back.)

..and lastly, for the bar in my closet, which still manages
to hold the weight of all dresses without breaking.

what are you thankful for this year?

4 ♥ love notes.:

  1. Love this post and its pictures! The tattoo your mom has is adorable, love it so much!

    www.rachaeldiab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, Sami! This is the sweetest Thanksgiving post I've seen yet! And not just because I'm in one of the photos. ;) I hope you're having a wonderful long weekend! Can't wait to get together soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on getting engaged! Thanks for leaving that great comment on my blog about your ring - it is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was the best, most heartfelt thankful list I've seen. I am thankful for you and your blog!

    ReplyDelete

♥ tell me how you really feel!