Friday, November 5, 2010

♥ if i had it my way, everything would be nonsense.

sometimes, its tough to be an adult.
you wake up, get dressed, go to work, and spend the whole day trying
to appear like a grown up who knows what he/she is doing,
when inside your inner child is screaming.

you want to wear something outrageous, forget to brush your hair on purpose,
eat candy all day long, jump on the bed, play tag, spend all your money
bubblegum and stickers, and your whole night building the perfect fort.

those are the sorts of things artist hennie hawthorn's youthful yet
playfully sophisticated work reminds me of. and also the fact that
maybe, you don't ever really have to grow up.



8 ♥ love notes.:

  1. This person needs to be designing fabrics asap

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every single day I wake up and think "why did I grow up? Kids have it made." These prints are adorable- the cupcake one made me smile.

    Maybe we need to have a massive snowball fight when it gets cold enough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true, darling!
    Love this work, especially the teacups!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw! I love all of these little drawings, especially the bikes! Happy Weekend! :)

    xoxo
    Janelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well hello new desktop background. Such fun pictures for a Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely love her work! Great pictures! :)
    Visit my blog sometime and maybe you could follow?
    XX

    http://fortheloveoffashionandotherthings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are the most wonderfully illustrated cupcakes I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete

♥ tell me how you really feel!