Tuesday, November 30, 2010

♥ i am love.

last week, i watched the film, i am love (2009).

if you have the time and have netflix at your fingertips, i suggest that
you stop everything you're doing, make some popcorn and get ready
to sit back and watch a visually stunning, heart-achingly gorgeous film
about an italian family possessed of wealth and touched by intrigue.

tilda swinton's performance is superb. in particular, her fluid italian
conversation mixed with a russian accent. second only to her acting is her
wardrobe in the film, which includes luxury brands like jil sander and fendi.

costume designer antonella cannarozzi worked exclusively with raf simons of
jil sander to create costumes which spoke volumes without the reserved,
inhibited character played by swinton, having to utter a word.

(watch the trailer.)

i have often read about tilda swinton's connection with the fashion world
but have never really understood the fascination until now.

here is a video she made for the spring/summer 2010



and here are some of her 2010 pringle of scotland ads. notice how her
androgynous & unique beauty lends itself to the campaigns of both
the men and women's-wear collections? love, love, love!


10 ♥ love notes.:

  1. Going on my Netflix list right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a big Tilda Swinton fan. She always wears something crazy to premieres and award shows. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't but I love that she's so fearless.

    I already added this to my netflix queue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ladies, you can watch it instantly on netflix NOW!

    xo
    sami

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, can't wait to watch this! Thanks for sharing!

    www.rachaeldiab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how she is so androgynous. As is evident by the advert of her with red hair.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! I just love her. I will definitely add that to the queue!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you on this! I saw it in the theater and fell in LOVE! Tilda is absolutely amazing and beautiful in everything she does. One of my favorites ever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been dying to see this! And I simply adore Tilda Swinton. Simply adore.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i've always loved how androgynous tilda is!! i also netflixed "i am love" a few weeks ago and thought it was sooo gorgeous. i didn't really care much for the story, it was rather predictable (i knew it wouldn't end up happily, though i admit i didn't expect it to be because of the son dying). it was okay, not a very "original" story, but god was it beautiful! and i loved the soundtrack!!

    ReplyDelete

♥ tell me how you really feel!