Saturday, November 13, 2010

♥ instant gratification.

greetings from north carolina!
we are staying in chapel hill for the evening
before making the trek tomorrow morning to the outer banks.
tonight, we ate dinner at carrburritos, where i tried my first
sweet potato burrito(yummy!) and i saw my first art-o-mat.

what is an art-o-mat?
well, its a refurbished cigarette vending machine
that sells original pieces of art in exchange for a handful of quarters.
over 400 artists contribute their work to these funky machines,
which are scattered in places throughout the united states.
(search locations here.)




doesn't the art-o-matic sound 100 times more exciting
than the free gift found at the bottom of a box of cracker jack?



6 ♥ love notes.:

  1. That is AWESOME!! Ooo, I want to find one of my own. Have fun in the outer banks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh! I love this concept! Did you feed it some quarters?

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a wonderful idea. great way to get art to the masses. do you know if we have something similar here?

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are amazing! I think you should introduce them to Boston and I'll set some up in WMass : )

    -Samantha
    http://sincerelysamantha.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I am going to have to look for these art-o-mats!! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete

♥ tell me how you really feel!