Tuesday, August 10, 2010

♥ one person's trash is another person's treasure.


my friend sara recently alerted me to a
most innovative blog called: new dress a day.
the challenge? 365 days. 365 outfits. 365 dollars.

with the wee budget of only a dollar a day, this girl will mend a
number of undesirable flea market finds, update them,
and make. it. work. here are some of my favorite
before & after pics:

i sooo wish i could sew better!!

22 ♥ love notes.:

  1. I am super impressed love! That is just genius!!! It makes me want to recycle and do more with my clothes for sure!
    x.o.x.o

    ReplyDelete
  2. you must be kidding! these are amazing! you are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great finds! that first pair of pant is so cool and comfy!

    Persis,.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is great! and that first picture...those appear to be Indian pants for a salvar! wow! And I love those what she did with those two dresses! so creative,
    naina

    ReplyDelete
  5. My god, this is amazing! I can't even sew on a button. Sad, but true.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is one amazing post!!!! Wow...how did she do it all? Its looks perfect!

    Kisses,sweetie:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow this is so awesome! such a good idea- now i really wish i could sew xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Completely amazing!! Just mentally planned a weekend thrift run. Time to dust off the sewing machine and attempt to make something other than a halloween costume!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. cool pictures! love those garments.

    xx
    AZD
    www.xAZDdesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, her creativity is awesome! Makes me want to keep practicing my sewing too... :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just came across your blog and I was delighted to find your post on Haruki Murakami!!! I have been looking for a good book to read and have been unable to find one which peaks my interest!!! Murakami's books however seem great and I will definitly order one online ASAP!!!

    Cheers,
    Karen

    I am following now and hope you do too!!

    http://rubytuesdayfashionanddesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that blog! Makes me want to make a similar vow... though I feel like you have to have true vision to see the potential in some of those outfits.

    If you want to start sewing more, try "Bend the rules sewing": http://www.amykarol.com/ I don't actually own the book, but it seems like a good way to break into sewing. Better than trying to read pattern directions, anyway! (which is what I muddled my way through at the tender age of 13.)

    ReplyDelete
  13. you are a doll. thanks for your sweet words and for adding me to your blog list. what a treat!

    xo
    m.fay
    http://www.amateurcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow this is amazing, i loved seeing these pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Wow! What talent! It's amazing when people can see the potential in what most people consider trash!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG she is great, I am so inspired but know my limits :)

    http://shuchitasingh.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. thanks for the comments ladies, i really need to take my sewing machine out and get to work!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. thanks for the comments ladies, i really need to take my sewing machine out and get to work!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. WHAT?!?! who is this girl.

    this is incredible! As in, jaw dropping to the floor. what creative talent!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. totally impressive! i wish i sew like her too! i have a machine but i only use it to hem pants up.

    ReplyDelete
  21. There is definitely a piece of treasure in all those pictures! And yes, very nice work on the outfits.

    ReplyDelete

♥ tell me how you really feel!