Thursday, February 23, 2012

♥ we don't grow older, we grow riper.

source.
i just read the most amazing paraphrase of something vivienne westwood
just said the other day during her fall 2012 presentation and had to share.
 it reminded me of an even brattier version of my rant on proxy apparel-
which is precisely why i love it and totally agree.

"everybody looks like clones and the only people you notice are my age.
i don't notice anybody unless they look great, and every now and again they do,
and they are usually 70. we are so conformist, nobody is thinking.
we are all sucking up stuff, we have been trained to be consumers and
we are all consuming far too much. in history people dressed much better
than we do today. if you saw queen elizabeth, it wold be amazing,
she came from another planet. she was so attractive in what she was wearing.
people have never looked so ugly as they do today regarding their dress."

westwood's latest red-label collection is very british granny-
inimitably quirky and endlessly charming- 
just like the dame herself.



2 ♥ love notes.:

  1. Sami-what a fabulous quote and I am really loving that 3rd dress(printed one) I would love to add that to my wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fab fab fab
    i LOVE that rant
    and yes, totally agree... the printed dress is mouth watering!

    ReplyDelete

♥ tell me how you really feel!