Monday, October 26, 2009

♥ the way we were.


i don't know about you guys, but every now and again
i love to take a stroll down the old memory lane
and look through piles and piles of
family photographs.

it doesn't matter if the pictures are of relatives
and acquaintances that i have barely met,
i just love to get an idea of what my parents
were wearing and what they did for fun
back in the day.

so you can imagine my
surprise and delight
when my boyfriend stumbled upon
this lovely blog, oh so appropriately named:

now, in my spare time i can
peruse pictures of other people's parents
{say that five times fast!}
and get even more of a perspective on
maintaining a timeless style.

here are a few fashionable
family shots that are sure to inspire you
to someday look half as awesome
as your parents
once looked.

love the oversized sunglasses, head scarf, cuffed jeans & knee boots.

love the long sleeved mini dress & bouffant hairstyle.

love the high waisted shorts and ruffled top.

love the effortless european summer vacation look.

love the curly hair & excessive chest hair.

love the cut of the dresses, the lace and the headpieces.


love the very coordinated plaid swim suits.


love the dark eyeliner, bangs and ruffles.

love the shades in the shade.

love the easeful button down shirts.


love the prints, big glasses and bangles.

love the unabashed wedding dress, wine & cigarette.

love the bohemian beach look.

ps. my parents just celebrated their
twenty six year wedding anniversary this weekend :)
here are a few snaps of the when they were my age!

my mom had purple hair and my
dad was an urban cowboy.

remember, in fashion,
one must always look back
in order to look forward.


6 ♥ love notes.:

  1. this is so so cool. thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should check out squareamerica.com if you like old photographs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh! obsessed! i die for my old family photos! they're all over my house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aren't old photos amazing? people just don't look like that anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to mom and dad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. classic, timeless style. each and every one.

    ReplyDelete

♥ tell me how you really feel!