Monday, October 1, 2012

♥ life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death! ~auntie mame

at the recommendation of my bff, timothy,
i watched the classic film, auntie mame (1958), this weekend-
and i absolutely LOVED it!


adapted from a novel by patrick dennis & the theatrical adaptation
with some of the same actors- like leading lady, rosalind russell,
 this film has almost as many set changes as the characters 
have wardrobe changes- and each chapter of the film 
ends with a darkened screen, which is reminiscent
of a curtain closing.


since i cannot tell you which was more inspiring:

the interior design or the costume design-
i will share a mixture of both. 

enjoy!
 


4 ♥ love notes.:

  1. yes! isn't this movie divine?! i watched it for the first time about 6 months ago. so fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  2. I played Auntie Mame in high school! Definitely one of my favorite roles and most treasured memories. I had seventeen costume changes, which for a high school production is quite a lot and I loved every single one of them! Sigh. Thanks for this trip down memory lane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wowza! i now know what i'll be watching this weekend... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with extra information? It is extremely helpful for me. Banquets in Peeragarhi

    ReplyDelete

♥ tell me how you really feel!