Thursday, May 5, 2011

♥ "we travel, some of us forever, to seek other states, other lives, other souls." ~ anais nin



remember the traveling gnome from the impossibly
adorable film, amelie (2001) ?

well, i have recently stumbled across a website featuring a
fellow world- traveler and i just had to share it with you.

ada the globetrotting doll is a pink plastic clonette doll,
(which actually originated in africa), who was purchased in france
by her puppeteer, adeline, and has been traveling from
country to country ever since.

the premise of this project?
"to see the world through the eyes of a mascot"

the process?
receive ada from the previous host
take her for pictures outside your favorite sites/ landmarks/ shops
have fun.

i think ada needs to come to boston...

5 ♥ love notes.:

  1. what a neat idea! i've seen several things like this where an object travels from person to person and they take a picture of it. i really like her, though, and how she's bright pink :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah I love it! I used to have a Flat Stanley when I was in elementary school, and I had him travel all over the world with family and friends who traveled. I wish I still had my photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool! I love traveling objects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that one of the travel sites has a traveling gnome! I hear he was just at the royal wedding. Also, have you ever heard of flat stanley?? A lot of elementary school classes have him, and the teacher sends him around the country. A friend sent him to me - so we did a few fun touristly things, but I couldn't resist also taking him to a bar. oops.

    ReplyDelete

♥ tell me how you really feel!