Monday, May 2, 2011

♥ something's lost, but something's gained in living every day.


the other night i watched a wonderful documentary
about one of my favorite singer/songwriters: joni mitchell.

something i was interested to learn was that joni began her
artistic life in pursuit of painting and ended up dropping out of art
school to become a folk singer instead. she created artwork for
each of her albums, taking time off in between each album to
regroup and paint, and then go back to writing songs.

her album, blue, is one of my very favorites
(my mother, on the hands, adores court & spark)--
her voice is beautiful, majestic and lonely, and her lyrics
are honest, straightforward and heartfelt.

please enjoy a few of my favorite songs:


2 ♥ love notes.:

  1. i've obviously always heard of joni mitchell but have never really heard much by her (that i know of). i constantly hear wonderful things about her and i can't help think that i would love her just as much. i think it's time i introduce myself to her :)

    that documentary has actually been in my netflix queue for awhile but i forgot about it! i should finally watch it now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you don't have Blue your record collection is incomplete. I always thank my mother for introducing me to most of my all time fave artists, Joni, the Beatles, Van Morrison, Stevie Wonder, list goes on.

    ReplyDelete

♥ tell me how you really feel!