Friday, May 20, 2011

♥ waste not. want not.



artist sandhi schimmel gold makes treasures out of trash- literally.

"my work reflects our society's obsession with beauty through advertising-
and the endless images that bombard us daily. it is a purposeful intermix of
images derived from advertising and thousands of incongruent pieces-
images and text- from advertising that arrives through my mailbox.
assembled like a mosaic; the paper tiles create an entirely new
image- an eclectic and tactile portrait reworked in my
imagination, utilizing materials that
would otherwise go to waste."

brilliant, eh?

11 ♥ love notes.:

  1. these are so well done it makes me sick :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I love making them.
    http://schimmelart.blogspot.com/2011/05/rollercoaster-redux.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so beautiful!

    Lindsey Turner
    http://thriftandshout.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cool....I love them! WOW thats a lot of work to do just one!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES. Brilliant. You have quite an eye!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is incredible!!! How did you even find her. :)

    Love

    Tashrin
    Twitter - @ishrattrishna

    ReplyDelete
  8. so awesome. would be cool to have a whole house full!

    ReplyDelete

♥ tell me how you really feel!