Friday, June 22, 2012

♥ on full display.



i recently decided that i need to do something about my overly cluttered necklace collection-
 and have been trying to come up with ways to display them that don't involve making
 too many holes in my apartment walls or spending a lot of money.

my solution? use the pieces i already have lying around the apartment--namely, 
a bust form for my longer necklaces and a faux roman bust for my smaller layering pieces. 
as you can see, i am quite the hoarder of betsey johnson & forever 21 baubles and have 
a much larger collection than i anticipated when i started this project today in the
 100 degree weather. hopefully, it will stay this pristine, but if not, there will definitely 
be a follow-up post on how not to organize your necklaces.

how do you display your jewels???
here are some ideas from around the internet:

naina uses a tie rack to keep her necklaces from being tangled.

melissa used a wooden tray & antique spools for a vintage effect.

gen uses hooks & buddha statues to show off her bold necklaces.

jessica used a vintage chicken crate door for a unique and eclectic display.

morgan's DIY jewelry display branch makes me want to go out on a limb and make my own.

kate's DIY plank of wood display rack is also pretty fantastic.

shelterness says a frame + branches = a great framed vintage necklace holder. i agree!


6 ♥ love notes.:

  1. Your idea is my favorite! Now I want to go hunting for busts and dress forms at Brimfield.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All these ideas are great. Lately I have been keeping the necklaces I wear a lot right on top of my dresser where I can see them and actually wear them. Thanks for sharing this and have a wonderful weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. love your jewelry & makeup ideas- all of them!

      xo
      sami

      Delete
  3. Great storage ideas!
    xo,
    http://missmelissafashionandbeautyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such amazing ideas!Great inspiration!
    These DIY things are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

♥ tell me how you really feel!