Monday, June 25, 2012

♥ leave the light on.

my bestfriend thinks there is nothing cozier 
than seeing lights on in someone's home
when it's late at night. 


to her, 
it indicates that somewhere,
 someone is still awake,
maybe watching tv, perhaps,
and even if everybody at her house
is asleep and dreaming, 
it is lovely to know
 someone else is awake,
sharing the evening sky
with her.

when i saw the houses at night collection
by photographer, todd hido,
i naturally thought of my friend,
and though these images are
meant to convey a more eery feeling,
i feel warmed by the presence of
a single light on
in the bedroom 
of a house.

\


2 ♥ love notes.:

  1. I agree! It makes me feel happy and in friendly companionship, even if I'm currently walking alone or whatever. Lovely photos - thanks for sharing!
    xox,
    giedre

    ReplyDelete

♥ tell me how you really feel!