Wednesday, August 11, 2010

♥ when i see an adult on a bicycle, i do not despair for the future of the human race.


while getting my rarely ridden bicycle tuned up last week,
i was asked if i had ever heard of the bike blog, cycle chic?
i answered no, rolled away, went home and googled it immediately.
and you know what? it's amazing, i am inspired, and i am wondering if i have
been livingunder a rock because i have not heard of it earlier.

regarded as "the sartorialist on two wheels," this blog started with one
photo snapped by mikael colvin anderson in copenhagen,
(which is the world's cycling capital) and has exploded into a
bicycle blogging bonanza on streets all over the world!!

cycle chic is exactly what it sounds like: a celebration and exploration
of "the art of riding bicycles in regular, preferably fashionable clothing."
um. LOVE IT. here are some of the pictures that make me want to forget
the fact that i still don't have a proper helmet, that there are barely any bike lanes
anywhere and that it's a million degrees outside and just
get on my bicycle and ride to work.

bikes + fashion = too much goodness on 2 wheels.

13 ♥ love notes.:

  1. I feel like a bike makes an amazing accessory. I searched for years to find the perfect bike to fit my style. Whenever I ride I feel free and it totally suits me. By the way....is that your bike in the first shot? If so I just got a new vintage bike and I think you have inspired my to make some fun changes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are amazing pictures.I love that red one! Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. no, christine, the top pic isn't my bike, but i have written about mine before! i have a pink schwinn! it's too cute! still need to buy a basket for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so glad i found YOUR blog and this bike one! amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a lovely collection of photos. thanks for your visit! to answer your question...sometimes the dress, sometimes the art ;)

    m.fay
    http://www.amateurcouture.com

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like these pictures! You've got a nice blog. Hope you will become a follower of my blog too?
    xoxo

    http://theonlyfashionprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. i am SO excited to have read about this website, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh love these pictures. show us your bike!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad I found your blog. I am hosting a jewelry giveaway and would love for you to stop by.Take care Anu!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these!!! So excited to check em out. There is just something wholesome about a bike.

    xoxo, Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  11. naina, i wrote about my bike before! here is the link:
    http://glimpseofglamour.blogspot.com/2010/05/i-want-to-ride-my-bicycle.html

    xoxoox
    sami

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh man, bicycles are SO not my thing. I am gaga over the incredible photos, though.

    ReplyDelete

♥ tell me how you really feel!