Thursday, August 5, 2010

♥ a good book should leave you slightly exhausted at the end.

...you live several lives while reading it.
william styron



if you asked me, "sami, name your favorite authors,"
one of them would most definitely have to be haruki marakami.
his works are unlike anything i have ever read before, filled with
unforgettable characters who often find themselves in the strangest
circumstances and the most thought–provoking situations.
his work is familiar yet unfamiliar, simple yet complex.

i have never read norwegian wood, and now that i know
it is going to be a film, i am determined to read it before the
december 2010 release date! the score has been written by
radiohead's über talented johnny greenwood, and the theme song actually
contains the real version of the beatles song by the same name,
which is extremely rare! i simply cannot wait to see the film,
but until then i will have to read the book !

here are some gorgeous stills:



and here is the film teaser trailer, which looks amazing.

12 ♥ love notes.:

  1. I just finished The Wind Up Bird Chronicles, and I loved it! I had never even heard of Haruki Murakami before. Now I know which of his books to read next.

    xo Marissa
    (The Well-Appointed Catwalk)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of this author but I love a new recommendation, I'll check her out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have never heard of this autour, must definitely check these books out. Thanks for your lovely mcomment on my blog.;)SarahD

    ReplyDelete
  4. haruki is actually a male author, and he is fabulous! definitely start with wind up bird chronicles. even now when i think back on the book, i remember bits and pieces of it and i feel like it was a part of a movie that i remember? it's so good!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sami,
    I love hearing about new authors and new books to read. I might check this out.
    Naina

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am thrilled you posted about books as i so need to stock up on summer reads!

    Thanks for sharing and also stopping by sweetie!

    I noticed you're in Boston, does that mean you stuff your face at 'Sweet' on Newburgh st at every opportunity???
    So jealous!
    x.o.x.o

    ReplyDelete
  7. i would love to read these- wish i had more time for it!! Love the blog xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. i agree, sometimes it is hard to choose between reading blogs and reading actual books. which is why instead of reading long books like i used to, i choose books that are 100-200 pages so i can finish them and get that sense of accomplishment! i love reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. brit greek, i am embarassed to say i have never been to sweet yet!! but i mean magnolia bakery cupcake (check my blog for the recipe!) soo delightful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read Haruki Marakami, but i'm going to look for him next time I go to the library (this weekend, bc I'm a dork and that's what I do on the weekends) The stills from the film are breathtaking, it's enough to make me wanna read it too!

    xoxo, Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been thinking that I need to get a good book! I used to be such a book worm, but blogging has shortened my attention span and it seems I barely have enough concentration for a tweet. Sounds like a good book is just what the Dr ordered. And I've been meaning to read Murakami for years! Do you have a favorite? Or is there one you recommend to start with?

    ReplyDelete
  12. i loved the wind up bird chronicles. so i would say start with that one! but i really want to read norwegian wood now, so I am torn!! maybe we could make a haruki markami book club? haha

    ReplyDelete

♥ tell me how you really feel!