Sunday, January 23, 2011

♥ something wicked this way comes...


modeled by the lovely cassie of my secret boston &
amanda of red bird vintage & swoon.

the first time i met silvana costa of wicked peacock designs was at the
liberty hotel event during boston fashion week. she walked in with the a gaggle
of well-dressed ladies and the most amazing feather cap i have ever seen.
compelled to ask her where she had found such a wonderful headpiece,
she replied that it was vintage- which led her to tell me about her
accessory collection, which is inspired by and made up
of vintage charms & other unique materials.
as you probably can tell, i was
quite charmed as well!

here is what the local designer had to say about her gorgeous collection:

"when i started designing, wicked peacock specialized in flower hair clips, feathered
hair accents and customized bridal accessories. two years later, the product
line grew to include necklaces, rings, bracelets and earrings. when i was buying
materials for my hair pieces, i ended up accumulating alot of really neat stuff.
i was so inspired by that i began to get creative and play around. my process
of design is very spontaneous. i work with what i have collected-this shapes the
work. i start with something, a vintage horn charm, for example, and add to it
until the concept takes form. i've been working a lot with keys- to which doors
no one can tell (haha). i think about whose stuff this way- there's history there and
i'm creating necklaces from that history, and whoever wears the piece also
carries the history forward. that's pretty cool!"

how's that for a feather in her cap?

1 ♥ love notes.:

  1. Haha - I thought this was out of a magazine before I scrolled down, and I said to myself, "Is it just me, or does that model look a lot like Cassie?". :)

    Cassie and Amanda, these are lovely!

    ReplyDelete

♥ tell me how you really feel!