Monday, January 17, 2011
♥ photograph: a picture painted by the sun without instruction in art.
i recently watched the most amazing video on the blog, threadbared,
i just had to share with you (watch here!) about one of the earliest
and most unknown street style photographers, vivian maier.
it all started in 2007 when 26-year old john maloof bought a box full of negatives
from an auction house thinking that some of the photographs would help with a book
he was working on about the history of chicago's portage park. what he ended up
discovering was a piece of art history: negative upon undeveloped negative
of gorgeous street
photographs shot by
french born-chicago nanny/
amateur photographer, vivian maier.
since then, he has acquired more and more boxes of her work
and has changed his focus from writing about chicago's history to
i am super intrigued and super in love with her pictures!!
- ► 2016 (82)
- ► 2015 (62)
- ► 2014 (136)
- ► 2013 (243)
- ► 2012 (325)
- ♥made with love.
- ♥ my new favorite song.
- ♥ every artist writes his own autobiography.
- ♥ fashion friday on regarding design.
- ♥ a bright idea.
- ♥ pretty in pink.
- ♥ the best way to find your perfect match is to me...
- ♥ for the love of dior.
- ♥ the cat is, above all things, a dramatist.
- ♥ winter is on my head, but eternal spring is in m...
- ♥ jealousy is all the fun you think they had.
- ♥ something wicked this way comes...
- ♥ hello, lovah!
- ♥ now join hands. and with your hands, your hearts...
- ♥ tangled up in blue.
- ♥ kiss, kiss, bang, bang.
- ♥ photograph: a picture painted by the sun without...
- ♥ true blue.
- ♥ mix n' match.
- ♥ what's your (new) sign?
- ♥ have your cake, and eat it too.
- ♥ snow day.
- ♥ by the light of the moon.
- ♥ love in the afternoon.
- ♥ one track mind.
- ♥ dream weaver.
- ♥ the books i read in 2010.
- ♥ happy birthday, nicolas!
- ♥ "a lady's imagination is very rapid. it jumps fr...
- ♥ imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
- ♥ save the date.
- ▼ January (31)
- ► 2010 (369)