Monday, January 24, 2011

♥ jealousy is all the fun you think they had.

aside from the writer's bump on my finger, (which doesn't want to ever go away
despite my transition from mostly hand-writing to mostly typing )
my jealous streak is probably one of the ugliest things about me.

i don't know why i have this tendency to self-compare, but it is a
part of my personality i am least proud of and one that i am
consciously battle on a regular basis.

now for something to really be jealous of:
instead of hiding the green-eyed monster away in the shadows,
the jealous curator puts it all out there in plain sight/site.
"a collection of artwork that inspires and depresses me.
i know it's good when i'm left thinking:
damn i wish i thought of that."


if you haven't already guessed--
i am totally jealous.

ps. read the jealous curator's musings
about jealousy here.



8 ♥ love notes.:

  1. i LOVE the cat with the lady eyes.

    perfect example of jealousy: i love it, and im jealous your blog is so cool. yes, blog friends, i'll admit it: I love so many blogs, but its sometimes a complicated relationship of inspiration & envy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love those first paintings of the astronauts!!!

    i totally understand. since i'm always on the internet looking for stuff for my blog, i'm constantly left feeling super depressed and in love with other people's work. it's horrible because i start to feel that my own photography is crap when it seems that other people can take an amazing picture so easily whereas i just kind of happen upon it every once in a while. i know i should just shoot more and push myself, but then i get depressed and feel that no matter what, i'll never produce anything half as good as someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the astronaut paintings and the neon rectangles :)

    -mizdragonfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're not alone with the jealousy thing. I'm pretty sure most women suffer from a jealous streak - and those that claim they don't probably aren't being honest with themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These pics are great! I love the color together with the vintage photos. Really nice, thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love these pictures!!! the title of the post is enticing :) love it all girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ha! how soon before there really is a mickey d's on the moon? very cool photos.

    PinkPopMash

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there!

    Coat check girl from the Swap the other night here! I love all the images that you chose, the afghan mountain photo and peeling wallpaper ones are my favorite. Everyone gets jealous sometimes, just let it inspire you instead of bringing you down!

    ReplyDelete

♥ tell me how you really feel!