Sunday, January 30, 2011

♥ my new favorite song.

for the past few years, i have not been impressed with any new music,
so when nick played the first track from iron & wine's new album,
kiss each other clean, something immediately resonated with me.

a bit of a departure from his usual music, lead singer sam beam
layers this song with gorgeous melody and full bodied musical
grandeur. and if you read the lyrics, you will feel a whole
other level of appreciation for this song.

much like the album cover art, it's pure magic.

3 ♥ love notes.:

  1. I'm at work, so I can't listen yet, but I love the album cover! Remember doing this with cray pas? Is that what we used? I don't even remember now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was a piece of black paper you scratched and there were rainbow colors underneath! not cray pas!

    xo
    sami

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Sam Beam!!! Love, love, love everything he does. Seems he's going for more musical complexity with the new album.

    ReplyDelete

♥ tell me how you really feel!