since it appears i have been living on nothing but cookies lately,
i thought- why fight it? here is a yummy chocolate-molases cookie recipe
i tried recently from martha stewart's cookie of the day email club.
soft and chocolatey and showered in confectioner's sugar,
these little cookies will taste good days after making them-
which is both a blessing and a curse.
1/2 cup seminsweet chocolate
1 stick unsalted butter
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
2/3 cup light brown sugar
1 large egg, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons dark molasses
1 tsp vanilla extract
confectioner's sugar for dusting
1. put on an apron. just for kicks.
2. preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. melt chocolate and butter in microwave on high in 30 second increments,
stirring after each until chocolate is almost melted. stir and let cool.
4. in separate bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, & baking soda. add brown sugar,
egg, molasses and vanilla to the cooled chocolate mixture, whisking to combine.
5. add flour mixture and combine.
6. scoop the dough by tablespoon and roll into balls.
7. place on a large ungreased cookie sheet
8. bake until crackly looking (about 12 minutes)
9. let cool, then dust with confectioner's sugar.
10. eat, enjoy, indulge.