Tuesday, October 18, 2011

♥ "when in doubt, wear red." ~ bill blass




in her photography project & book alyson fox asked one hundred different
 women to pose for a portait wearing the same shade of red lipstick.


"lipstick is something all women have some familiarity with. for many young
girls lipstick is the first thing you try on in your mother's makeup drawer. sometimes
wearing it became a way to fit in. sometimes a way to stand out. sometimes a uniform.
sometimes an armor. sometimes a gash. sometimes an incision. sometimes an invitation.
sometimes a warning. sometimes just something that goes with your dress.
whatever the reason, it is always transformative."

i could not have said it better myself.

5 ♥ love notes.:

  1. I love the quote! I'm not much of a lipstick girl myself, but I think it goes for all makeup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great concept! when I first saw your blog post, I immediately began thinking about the implications of having women wearing red and how that might effect photographs and the way they pose or whatever, but red LIPSTICK is even better!
    I'll have to look up the rest of the photos. :)
    thanks for sharing!
    -giedre

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am also interested in knowing what lipstick it is! if anyone figures it out- let me know!!

    xo
    sami

    ReplyDelete

♥ tell me how you really feel!