Tuesday, October 11, 2011

♥ terrific! radiant! humble!

via lucius art.
my bestfriend, carolyn is a teacher-
and as such she uses very many adjectives to describe
her student's work when they do well on their papers.

some of the red-letter words i remember written across 
my tests were"exellent," "terrific" and "outstanding,"--
terms i have seen so often that they are rendered 
meaningless from over-use.

 the other day carolyn pointed out to me that as typical as these
 words are today, they were once used to describe individuals
 who were believed to be above average,
different than the rest, extra-ordinary
 and awe-some

isn't it marvelous to have friends
who remind you to marvel at
 the meaning of words?

2 ♥ love notes.:

  1. words mean so much. it's nice to have a little reminder of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww, this is so sweet. And you ARE awe-some!

    PS. your post title cracks me up :)

    ReplyDelete

♥ tell me how you really feel!