Wednesday, February 23, 2011

♥ an affair to remember.



fanfare than the audrey tatou biopic coco avant chanel (2009),
but in my opinion was a much better representation of the strong-
willed, ego-driven designer who knew what she wanted
(a perfume with her name on it, another woman's husband..)
and got it. based on the book coco & igor, this film re-imagines
the torrid love affair that is rumored to have taken place between
the famous designer and the russian composer.

7 ♥ love notes.:

  1. Ohh how did I miss? Sound amazing! I am 100% against smoking, but I fun it funny when Chanel is tailoring and the cig it is barley hanging on as she sews....

    ReplyDelete
  2. i loved coco avant chanel so i'm really looking forward to this! i just checked netflix and it's available on instant play! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i loved the movie!i am following!!great style and blog you got there!!hope to see u on my list as well!!!

    www.ffffashionmixxxx.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Coco Avant Chanel, but I haven't seen the other one. I'll have to add it to my Netflix!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked both films, but I completely agree - I thought this was much more avante garde.

    How do you feel about Anna as Coco rather than Audrey Tautou? I personally lovvved her character and think she's especially fitting, since she's been the face of Allure and Allure Sensuelle (albeit years ago). Great post/review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite line from the movie was when Coco said she loved all colors as long as they were black :) I like both movies a lot, they captured different periods of her life which I thought was interesting.

    ReplyDelete

♥ tell me how you really feel!