earlier this month i attended an eye opening wacoal event.
i and a number of local bloggers had the opportunity to get fitted
in luxury at the ritz carlton. i jokingly re-named the event
"boobs & booze," and despite the fanciness of the occasion,
the name fit, sort of like a good bra.
experts say that 80% of women wear the wrong cup size,
so i was very interested in learning whether or not the 34D
i typically wear, was the right fit for me.
of course, it wasn't.
turns out, according to the lady who fit me,
i wear a 32 triple D. yes, triple D.
here are some other tidbits i learned...
* first off, don't get hung up on terms like "triple D." wacoal carries up to a size H!
* the number refers to the width of your ribcage and the letter is the size of your breast.
that is how you will know if it fits correctly.
* never try a bra on the last hook, because if it stretches out, there's nowhere to go.
(like the one i was gifted above!) and contour, which is the kind you typically see,
and which gives the chest a more rounded appearance.
* europeans tend to wear the cut & sewn style, while americans choose
contour because they wear more t-shirts.
* while you may fit more than one size, the best fit is the one your body feels
the most comfortable in. don't be afraid to find your right fit ;)