after our glorious apple picking trip a few weekends ago, i have been baking up a storm-
and while i have already baked two pies, i have also added apple bread to my repertoire.
i found a pretty simple recipe online and tweaked it a bit according to the comments
left below. i was very pleased with how it came out--rich and flavorful with small bits
of apple mixed with a hint of spice. i made my first at the beginning of last week
and liked it so much, i made it again over the weekend for my best friends :)
so without further adieu, here is the recipe:
3 cups all purpose flour
1 tspn baking soda
3 cups of apples (peeled/cored/chopped)
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
3 eggs, beaten
2 tspns ground cinnamon
1) preheat the oven to 350 degrees, prepare a loaf pan with cooking spray or butter
2)mix flour, baking soda, salt, and apples in a large bowl.
3) whisk oil, sugar, egg, and cinnamon together in a small bowl.
4) add to flour mixture and mix until just moistened.
5) bake in preheated oven until a toothpick/knife comes out clean, about 90 minutes.
6) let cool for about 10 minutes before removing from pan.