my bestfriend's bachelorette party was this weekend,
so in honor of her special evening, i baked my sweet friend a very sweet treat:
for those of you have not been on the sex and the city tour (we've gone twice now),
or have discovered this famous new york bakery on your own, i highly recommend
you do your sweet tooth a favor and follow the recipe below.
yum, yum, yum.
recipe for magnolia bakery vanilla cupcakes. (via here)
1.5 cups of self rising flour
1.4 cups of all purpose flour
1 cup (2 sticks) or softened unsalted butter
2 cups of sugar
4 large eggs
1 cup of milk
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1. preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. in a small bowl, combine flours and set aside
3. using electric mixer, cream the butter until smooth, then add sugar and beat
until fluffy for 3 minutes. add the eggs one at a time, beating in between.
4. add the dry ingredients in three parts alternating with milk and vanilla extract.
5. scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula,
make sure it is all mixed together.
6. spoon the batter into the cupcake liners, and fill about 3/4.
7. bake the cupcakes for 25 to 30 minutes, or until tester comes out clean.
8. take out and let cool before applying buttercream frosting.
recipe for vanilla buttercream frosting
1 cup (2 sticks) of softened unsalted butter
6 to 8 cups of confectioner's sugar
1/2 cup of milk
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
1.place the butter in electric mixer and blend in four cups of confectioner's sugar
2. add milk and vanilla, blending until smooth.
3. gradually add the rest of the confectioner's sugar one cup at a time until
it is the right consistency. beat for 2 minutes.
4. if you desire, add food coloring.
magnolia bakery vanilla cupcakes + vanilla buttercream frosting = LOVE