over the weekend, nick helped me set up a little gallery wall in our bedroom.
we have a lot of artwork in our tiny apartment- like this wall in our living room,
but in our bedroom, i wanted to showcase a more personal collection
of prints and paintings that we have been assembling since our wedding.
from left to right, this gallery wall includes: a painting that my best friend
made of a famous ee cummings quote, a canvas print of one of our favorite wedding
photos, a custom print of a faux wedding program made by my cousin, jaimee, on etsy,
a framed handkerchief invitation from our big day, and last (but not least!) -
a new metal print of my two boys printed to perfection by tiny prints.
if you are looking to put together a gallery wall in your home,
here are a few tips:
1) don't be afraid to use varying size pieces and different colored frames.
2) if you want to be real precise, you can block out the wall before hand using
painter's tape, a measuring tape, and a level. i like to eyeball it and call it a day.
3) using different sorts of media- be it photography, prints or paintings
also adds some variety and interest to the wall. another welcome
addition may be a small mirror or an oversized letter plaque
like an "H" for henry or maybe a little chalkboard sign.
4) if you can, try to pick a theme or color scheme so that the pieces
in your mini collection make sense together.
5) just find a weekend and get it done.
don't let your good prints go unframed or your favorite pictures
go unprinted. take action, and make your memories come to life!