hello dolls! it has been way too long.
i wish i could tell you i was doing something constructive
with my free time, but with the waning daylight hours,
the craziness of retail life, and taking care of the cutest baby
on earth, i have been doing not much else.
one thing i did manage to do was cook a yummy soup,
perfect for cold nights like the ones we have been having
here in boston, as of late.
here's the recipe, if you care to try it!
vegetarian tuscan kale and white bean soup
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 cup diced yellow onion
4 large garlic cloves, roughly chopped
(1) 32 oz box of vegetable broth
4 cups of chopped kale
(1) 4.5 oz can of diced tomatoes
(2) 4.5 oz cans of cannelini beans, drained and rinsed
2 large carrots, peeled and sliced
1) in a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat
2) add onion and cook 3 minutes
3) add garlic and cook 2 minutes longer
4) add broth, kale, tomatoes and carrots and cover
5) cook 5 minutes or until kale is tender
6) add beans and heat thoroughly