it's been a long time since i cooked for you guys!
i assure you- i haven't been living off processed foods-
it's just that, with an irresistibly cute baby that loves to be held
every second of the day, i find it very hard to find the time to get in
the kitchen and chop veggies. subsequently, nick and i have been eating a lot
of grilled cheese and a lot of pb & j. and with the summer heat,
a quick and easy meal like that is just fine with us.
of course, "quick and easy" does not have to mean "right out of a box,"
which is why i must share with you my favorite new recipe for
black bean veggie burgers, which i totally copied from
my little sister, jennie.
(1) 16 oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 green pepper, cut into two inch pieces
1/2 onion, cut into wedges
3 cloves of garlic, peeled
1 tabelspoon chili powder
1 tablespoon cumin
1 teaspoon hot sauce
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
1) preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2) in medium bowl, mash black beans with potato masher until thick and pasty
3) in food processor, finely chop green pepper, garlic and onion.
4) add chopped veggies to black bean mixture.
5) add egg, chili powder, cumin and chili sauce.
6) stir together and mix in bread crumbs until the consistency is enough
to form into four patties.
7) place patties on foil or baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes on each side.
8) add a bun, some ketchup, guacamole, pickles, etc & enjoy!! ;)