this holiday season, i made a lot of yummy peppermint bark
for friends and co-workers as a delicious gift :)
not only was it easy to prepare, but also a sweet treat to give out.
here's the recipe:
8 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 tsp. canola oil
1/2 tsp peppermint extract
8 oz white chocolate chips
25 crushed peppermint candies/ or a box of candy canes
(crushed inside a double zip lock bag)
1) lightly grease 9x9 inch pan and line with waxed paper, set aside.
2) place the semi-sweet chocolate and 1 tsp canola oil in the top of a double boiler over
just barely simmering water, stirring frequently, scraping down
sides with a rubber spatula.
3) when the chocolate is melted, add 1/4 peppermint tsp extract.
4) pour the melted chocolate into the prepared pan and spread evenly.
5) sprinkle half of the crushed peppermints/candy canes over the chocolate layer.
6) refrigerate for one hour, until completely hardened.
7) place the white chocolate chips and 1 tsp canola oil in the top of a double boiler
and repeat process again, sprinkling again with crushed peppermints.