you know that a new cookie should be added to your repertoire
when your friends ask you to send them the recipe asap--
while they're still in the middle of eating them!
so for their future happiness & your's,
here is the recipe (care of martha stewart):
1 package (14 oz) sweetened shredded coconut
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 stick chilled unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1) preheat oven to 350 degrees. set aside 2 loosely packed cups of coconut.
2) place remaining coconut in a food processor alone with sugar,
salt & baking powder and process until finely ground.
3) add butter, process until no lumps remain.
4) add egg and vanilla, process just until smooth.
5) add flour, pulse until a crumbly dough begins to form, scrape down bowl.
6) forming 5 or 6 at a time, scoop tablespoons of dough and roll into balls.
7) roll the dough balls in reserved coconut.
8) arrange coconut balls on baking sheets.
9) bake for 23-25 minutes.
10) remove & allow to cool completely
11) enjoy ♥