Friday, April 30, 2010
Thursday, April 29, 2010
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Wednesday, April 28, 2010 reading is glamorous.
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Monday, April 26, 2010
6 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound (450 grams) spinach, washed
A hefty 1-inch slice from a country loaf or about 2 slices from sandwich loaf bread (2.5 ounces or 75 grams), crusts removed and cut inset small cubes
1/2 cup (4 ounces) tomato sauce (I used canned stuff I keep around)
3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
Pinch of red pepper flakes
1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika**
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Lemon juice, to taste
Place a large saucepan over medium heat and add half the olive oil. When it is hot, add the spinach with a pinch of salt (in batches, if necessary) and stir well. Remove when the leaves are just tender, drain in a colander and set aside.
Heat 2 more tablespoons olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Fry the bread for about 5 minutes or until golden brown all over, then the remaining tablespoon of oil and the garlic, cumin and pepper. Cook for 1 minute more or until the garlic is nutty brown.
Transfer to a food processor, blender or mortar and pestle along with the vinegar, and mash to a paste. Return the mixture to the pan and add the drained chickpeas and tomato sauce. Stir until the chickpeas have absorbed the flavors and are hot. Season with salt and pepper.
If the consistency is a little thick, add some water. Add the spinach and cook until it is hot. Check for seasoning and serve with paprika on top, or on fried bread toasts (as the Spanish do).
Monday, April 26, 2010 food is fabulous.
Monday, April 26, 2010 interior fashion
Friday, April 23, 2010
Thursday, April 22, 2010
Thursday, April 22, 2010 pretty paper
- ► 2016 (81)
- ► 2015 (62)
- ► 2014 (136)
- ► 2013 (243)
- ► 2012 (325)
- ► 2011 (400)
- ♥ this dog's life.
- ♥ take your daughter to work day.
- ♥ be it ever so humble, there's no place like home...
- ♥ put 'em where you can see 'em.
- ♥ what is the meaning of living?
- ♥ pattern and repetition.
- ♥ vegetarian: a person who eats only side dishes.
- ♥ birds of a feather flock together.
- ♥ off the wall.
- ♥ oh earth, you are too wonderful for anyone to ev...
- ♥ pushing papers.
- ♥ the universe is full of magical things, patientl...
- ♥ it's for the birds.
- ♥ by her own design.
- ♥ growing upwards.
- ♥ she's got the look.
- ♥ you don't take a photograph. you ask, quietly, t...
- ♥ what you see is what you get.
- ♥ animal attraction.
- ♥ please forgive me if i act a little strange,
- ♥ a collection of small things.
- ♥ springtime is the land awakening.
- ♥ love pops up in the most unexected places.
- ♥ splish splash!
- ♥ if music be the food of love, play on.
- ♥ i wish i could write as mysterious as a cat.
- ♥ love had a thousand shapes.
- ♥ a love story.
- ♥ loco for coco.
- ♥ bunny ears.
- ♥ there is an enchanted garden in childhood..
- ▼ April (31)